My tutor noted how I have made an enthusiastic start to the unit, which is encouraging. I am demonstrating knowledge in areas of sustainability issues when describing the local materials used on one of the projects. It was also noted that my visual document is well presented and effective. I could improve on this by carefully considering every single image and block of text, to really make each one count. I really need to consider each part as a way to communicate the information as the best I can.
My analysing skills are showing signs of improvement in demonstrating a more critical approach to spatial research and commentary. This is an area I have struggled with and so I’m really pleased to hear that my tutor is noticing improvement.
As I continue working through the unit it might be a good idea to make a note of why I consider different spaces to be small, medium and large as this will help me become more adept at recognising scale in terms of the relation to its surroundings.
Going forward I have made a list to help organise my thoughts and actions
- continue to build upon my drawing and sketching techniques
- continue to build upon my graphics and presentation skills
- consider small, medium and large spaces in my everyday life
- keep ideas of sustainability and adaptive reuse in mind by keeping up to date with current ideas and examples
- explore how I can organise my ideas and designs going forward